Friday, April 20, 2018

Gun protests!!!





"Yes kiddies, the adults in the room also want this senseless school violence to end. When you want to address the real problem, the core issues which cause it, we will be there with you. However, witch hunts against a civil rights organization like the NRA are only going to divide us more." 



Yawn....Sorry - dozed off for a minute. Why? I was just thinking about our little darlings having yet another day off of school. And why again? To protest school shootings. In particular, to protest the people (once again) who have NOTHING to do with a single school shooting. That would be LAW ABIDING citizens who own fire arms, and some of whom happen to belong to a civil rights organization call the NRA.

Since I have addressed this issue dozens of times before, I will take a different slant this time. I want more gun rights, not fewer. Yes, you bleeding hearts out there - that is exactly what I said. For example, in February I went to get a Florida gun permit while on vacation down there. I had already re-upped my Minnesota permit. My background had been thoroughly vetted in Minnesota, and then I went through a deeper anal exam in Florida. 

Then last week, I bought a handgun I have been eyeing for a while. Something with a bit more punch than my 9 mm. I bought a S+W, M+P, 40 cal. Sweet weapon with a very nice feel. However when I went to buy it, I had to show my driver's licence, my gun permit, and then take a test to prove my intentions with this purchase were indeed honorable. (Like if they were not, would I tell them?) Anyhow, that was my third vetting so far this year. All so I can buy and use an item the Constitution has already defined as a natural right. 

So here is what I want. First off, I want reciprocity in all 50 states. Enough of this horse pucky whereas each state may or may not recognize your state's permit. That is crip crap to the 10th degree. Next, I want "Stand your ground" to be the law of the land in all 50 states. After seeing a thug beat the tar out of an innocent bus driver for NO REASON what so ever, it is time to see some of these low lifes get smoked by the victims.

But here is what I really want. Instead of gun permits, I want Constitutional Carry to be the law of the land. Just like in the days of the founders. It was ASSUMED back then, that anyone who bought a gun was innocent, until shown otherwise. We have a ton of gun laws on the books right now. It is up to you when you buy a gun to know what those laws are. In other words, caveat emptor  (let the buyer beware).

Yes kiddies, the adults in the room also want this senseless school violence to end. When you want to address the real problem, the core issues which cause it, we will be there with you. However, witch hunts against a civil rights organization like the NRA are only going to divide us further. 

That is my protest this morning. I plan to walk out of the house at 10 am to signify this protest. I might even do some yard cleanup at the same time - since it is finally Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment