Friday, April 6, 2018

The return of Barney....





"Grow the state budget again, or grow the quality of services for less money. Become a lower SALT state. Become senior, business and taxpayer friendly. Like I say, the choice is ours - and I choose Jeff Johnson."


He is back. It is now official. Our two termed Governor, has come back to "save the day". Save the day from whom, you might ask. From the statists who have been running (or should I say ruining) our state, and the gaggle of Republican nimrods who are vying to be the next Governor. So T-Paw, just like Batman in a Batman movie, saw the signal in the sky (sent by big cigar donors) begging him to come home. 

Now before I get hate mail and have my social media friends jump on me, let me first say I like Tim Pawlenty. He is a good man, and a good family man. But he is not a conservative. Cold hard fact. Not even close. He is poll driven, and tends to change his color from light red to deep purple when ever the political situation warrants.

One of my friends chides me (interesting, as he is not a Republican) if Minnesota has a snowball's chance of electing a Republican for statewide office, that candidate will have to be purple. Purple? Yes, as purple as Barney the Dinosaur. The squishy sheeple in this state don't want a hard core conservative like Jeff Johnson. They want a RINO, or a DFL Loon. 

I have thought long and hard about that conversation. If that is true, then my friends on the hard right who believe the train has already left the station, that Minnesota is truly lost, might be right. Why? Because what RINOs do is the same thing as what DFL Loons do - only not as intense. But at the end of the day, state government grows, the budget grows, and the need for taxation grows. If the sheeple of Minnesota are content with this state rapidly becoming a Midwest California or New York, then it might be time to jump ship.

However (comma), here is the real truth. I don't believe for a minute that the silent majority of Minnesotans are content with us staying a high SALT state. Not a bit. I believe we have a whole bunch of folks out in the hinterland who think we have been on the wrong track for many, many years. We need somebody with a bold vision, a proven conservative, who has not besmirched our President, and rock solid credentials, to be our next Governor. That man is Hennepin County Commissioner Jeff Johnson.

The election season is upon us. The choice will be ours to make. A purple RINO with swamp baggage, a DFL Loon from the First Congressional District of Minnesota, or a bigger DFL Loon from the Minnesota House. Or a solid red meat conservative who has been in this race from the get-go, traveled the state, meeting and listening to the folks, and has a PLAN.

Grow the state budget again, or grow the quality of services for less money. Become a lower SALT state. Become senior, business and taxpayer friendly. Like I say, the choice is ours - and I choose Jeff Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment