Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Gay Pride? Or America slide?





"I will say again. I have no problem with gay people living their lives so long as they don't shove it in our faces. But therein is the problem. It has been shoved in our faces. And now we will get an entire month of it."  


Do you remember the day we all voted to establish an entire month (and June, which is our best month) for Gay Pride? No? Neither do I. Every year the same question is asked, either directly or in the form of a meme. Why do we have an entire month to recognize "Gayness", and only one day to honor our fallen? What is the answer? Crickets. Why? Fear. People do not want to be call a "homophobe".

The last place I worked, one the guys on my team was gay. He was not flamboyant, not affected, not anything. He was just a normal guy doing a normal job. One day after customers had left our meeting, that young man, myself and my boss remained do to a "debrief". Towards the end of the debrief, my boss asked this young man how it felt to be gay. He shrugged his shoulders and said "Just fine". However, he has developed a deep antipathy for Christians. That hit me flat footed. 

The Gay folk who are grabbing the headlines right now, are NOTHING like the young man I worked with. These mutts are in your face, 24 x 7. These are the people who somehow, have successfully bullied people in power, the authority to rip a month out of our summer, just to celebrate debauchery.

Did Pride Month start our slide in to hedonism? No, but it accelerated it. And now, through the magic of ESG, companies like Target and Budweiser are bleeding cash just to show how "Woke they are" as companies. And the folks? How do they feel about Pride Month, and all the crapola which goes with it. It makes going into Minneapolis even more of a stretch than it is now.

I will say again. I have no problem with gay people living their lives so long as they don't shove it in our faces. But therein is the problem. It has been shoved in our faces. And now we will get an entire month of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment