Friday, December 22, 2023

Heros from the heartland



                                     


"Bottom line - here is where I believe the heroes of the heartland stand. If you come here, and are of a different faith, you are free to practice it. However - we are a Christian nation. Have been since the get-go."


The other day (this is a true story) I was at a grocery store getting ready to buy some salsa dip. A "rack jobber" (someone from a wholesaler who stocks shelves with the product they are supplying to the store) was talking to a customer. The customer had told this man who was stocking the shelves, "Merry Christmas". The response was unexpected, yet welcome. 

"And Merry Christmas back to you sir! I am tired of all this bulls**t with people saying happy holidays! We are a Christian nation, and we will say Merry Christmas during Christmas time." I looked at him and said, "Well put sir. It is Christmas time. That is the holiday we should be recognizing." He turned around and looked me square in the eyes. "I am sick to death of letting all these non-Christians into our country who are trying to change our holiday traditions. I am sick of it. It needs to stop." 

These were gutsy words. Somebody could have overheard him and complained to the store management. That outburst could have cost this man his job, But I think he knew that. And he did not care. He was passionate about what he was talking about. 

When we left the store, I told my wife we need to hear more of that kind of talk from more people. Everyone is so cowed by this "coexist" and DEI nonsense, we are scared to express our true feelings. Not this man. In my book, he is one of the heroes of our heartland. Unafraid. 

I will never forget when Barack Obama was POTUS, he declared that the United States was no longer a Christian nation. Excuse me? Maybe in his eyes, as an alleged closet Muslim, that was true. But hold on - we are a Christian nation, with our culture and laws based on Jewish-Christian traditions. 

Bottom line - here is where I believe the heroes of the heartland stand. If you come here, and are of a different faith, you are free to practice it. However - we are a Christian nation. Have been since the get-go. If you find that fact intolerable, you need to find someplace else to live. If you can peacefully coexist with the Christians and Jews who live here, and not try to change or diminish our culture, you are free to stay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment