Thursday, December 7, 2023

Ronald Reagan, where art thou?





"The Republicans should be able to win big this next election. Did I use the word 'should'? That is, if the Republicans can stay away from the circular firing squad and remember who the real enemy is." 


What a mess! And I mean a mess! I was at a church meeting last night, so I was not able to watch any of the unwatchable debate. That was a blessing. I did however, see some of the highlights (or should I say lowlights) once it was over. Who won last night? Joe Biden. Who lost last night? Ronald Reagan. Reagan? Why do you say that? The eleventh commandment. The four people at the debate last night, walked all over that commandment, spit on it, and did it dirt. So much for not speaking ill of another Republican. 

Since I am "venting my spleen" just a bit, here is another issue I have with the Grand Old Party. I am not a George Santos fan - far from it. However, he was part of our very skinny majority in the House. He already declared he was not running for re-election. He was a dependable vote for the majority. Kicking him out of the House and cutting our majority down to 3, was stupid. The Democrats would have NEVER done that. And then, because Kevin has hurt feelings, he just resigned. That takes our majority down to two people. I guess we don't "take one for the Gipper" anymore.

Back to the debate. Some say that Christie was the "adult in the room" last night. If so, I would say "barely". The smartest thing that Trump has done since his term was up, was to stay 100 miles away from these debates. He has not been hurt by these debates - not one little inch. But the remaining four who were on the stage sure have. It is one thing to highlight a policy difference you might have with a fellow Republican; it is quite another to call that person fat. Or corrupt. 

Right now, if we can keep Donald Trump out of jail (based on the many Deep State falsehood charges), he should "run the table". It has become quite evident that despite all of Trump's personality flaws, and how they piss some people off, he has the chops to do the job (again). And the left, falling for this "dictator" BS, is enough to put me in stitches from laughter. Trump has always known how to troll the left, and he did it again with his statement "I will be a dictator for one day" statement. The left went after that bait harder than a Northern Pike goes after a wounded frog. 

The Republicans should be able to win big this next election. Did I use the word "should"? That is, if the Republicans can stay away from the circular firing squad and remember who the real enemy is. Failure to do so, will give us another four years of dementia and corruption. With our borders being wide open for another four years, it will effectively end our country as we knew it. 

That is the real enemy folks - not other Republicans. My momma always told me, if you can't say something nice about someone, keep your mouth shut. And Will Rogers said, "It is better to keep your mouth shut in an argument when you are accused of being an idiot, than to open your mouth and take away all doubt." Or Ronald Reagan - "Don't speak ill of other Republicans." Come on team - we can do better!

    


No comments:

Post a Comment