Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Adios California!






"I was the only one who stood up and cheered when California started to slide into the ocean. I guess that was supposed to be a sad part in the movie."



This past month has been a whopper for my favorite Commie state. The state of Russia? Of China? Of Cuba? Nope. California. First it was disclosed that many Californians would like to secede from our union and form their own country (really?). Next this very large congregation of nincompoops thought instead of having sanctuary cities, the entire state should be a sanctuary state.

As I wiped away a tear from my eye, I uttered, "Good riddance to bad rubbish!" I mean, it has been a while, a long while, since I have felt any affinity for this state. In fact, I felt a bit foolish when I went to see the movie 2012 at a theater. I was the only one who stood up and cheered when California started to slide into the ocean. I guess that was supposed to be a sad part in the movie.

As far as I am concerned, the entire state is lost. Yes, at one time I enjoyed going out there. Be it on business, military or vacation, I liked it. However, even in its best days, many still referred to the Golden State as the "land of the fruits and the nuts." 

I was in my only earthquake while on business in California. Not a huge one, but big enough to make headlines in USA Today. Nothing like being on the 7th floor of a Hilton and then having everything in the hotel room start doing the mumbo jumbo. It rattled me for sure, but it rattled the pricing analyst I brought me even more. He ran down the stairs into the lobby in wearing just his tidy whiteys. Plus, his hotel door shut behind him, and he did not have his key. Oh, the joys of business travel.

Truthfully, California has not been a well run state since Ronald Reagan was Governor. Too many years of Moonbeam and Moonbeam's dad. And Arnold was just a whisker away from being a true progressive. No, California deserves itself. With all its misery and debt, let them go. Even though Mexico is pissed as us right now, that will pass. We can buy our veggies from Mexico after California leaves. 

So adios California! When that San Andres fault lets go and the state starts to tilt into the ocean, please do us one favor. Say hello to Atlantis when you come to rest in Davy Jones Locker.




No comments:

Post a Comment