Tuesday, January 3, 2023

"Right, 100% of the time"





"Buckle up folks. This issue is going to be front and center with the new Congress. Mayorkas will be impeached, and hopefully, tried. Tried of what? Treason. Sedition. Dereliction of duty."


Relax. I am not talking about myself. I do try to be right more than I am wrong, but hey - I am only human. No, I am talking about one of our newest cabinet positions, and one which is (or should be) very, very important. I am talking about the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This department, which was established in the shadows of the 9/11 attacks, probably should have been establish years before the attacks. But that is not how we roll. Many times, we are reactionary rather than proactive. Why? Don't ask me. 

A friend of mine whom I served with, went to work for the newly minted DHS once he retired from the Navy. I remember talking to him on the phone on one of his trips back to MN. I asked him how it was, working for DHS as compared to "spooky" stuff for the Navy. He told me the charter of DHS was critically important. So important, that (then he gave the DHS tag line), "We need to get it right 100% of the time. The bad guys only need to get it right once." Bingo!




That was then, and this is now. Now we have Biden and Mayorkas "keeping us safe". How is that working for us? Last month, when my wife and I flew to SFO to start a cruise to Hawaii, we had our passport, shot card, driver's license, and Global Entry card for ID. Still had to take off my shoes and get the "anal intrusion" exam by the TSA before getting on the plane. It was almost as bad, getting on the cruise ship. But we complied, as safety is good for all. Or, so we thought.

Alejandro Mayorkas. The ying to the tang of keeping us safe. Some say he is just following orders from President Biden, and the others say he has gone rogue. In any event, he is in charge of "keeping us all safe". But - during his tenure, he has allowed over FIVE MILLION illegals into our country, most not vetted. Some we know nothing about, as they are "get aways". In just over 20 years, we have gone from super vetting everyone, to asking nothing about millions of people from all over the world. 

Just as a reminder, it only took 20 foreign nationals to take over 2 jet liners and fly them into two skyscrapers. That was before we had DHS. Now that we have DHS, we have five million people running around this country, whom we know NOTHING about. 

Buckle up folks. This issue is going to be front and center with the new Congress. Mayorkas will be impeached, and hopefully, tried. Tried of what? Treason. Sedition. Dereliction of duty. The entire Department of Homeland Security needs to be cleaned out with disinfection. Why? They need to be right 100% of the time. Letting five million unvetted illegals into our country, means they are only right 0% of the time. Time to clean house.   


No comments:

Post a Comment