Sunday, May 15, 2022

Now it is up to Dr. J



"Scott Jensen is an unknown to me on that issue. I hope he can turn some blues to reds in the metro area, for if he can't, this year will be a repeat of 2018, 2014, and 2010." 


The long awaited MN GOP convention is over. Surprises? Some. Many thought it might be a real fight for the AG position between Doug Wardlow and Dennis Smith. Turns out neither got the nod. It went to a total outsider, a man named Jim Schultz. Will he be the one to take back this position, which has resided in the DFL hands for 50 years or so? We will see.

Kim Crockett was a good choice for SOS. Smart, quick on her feet, and ready to rumble. Lord knows the SOS office needs a good cleaning and maybe some fumigation. Ever since the Soros funded "SOS Project", this office has been suspect. And with the number of actual or suspected voting irregularities from 2020, any gaping wounds need to be healed - and fast.

On to the Governor. First, let me clear the air. I do not dislike Scott Jensen. I think he is a good man. However, that being said, I have my doubts if he can win. Picking Matt Birk as a running mate was a good idea. A little extra star power never hurts anyone. It is indeed unfortunate there was some kind of kerfuffle towards the end of the voting. Some people like bruising political campaigns, as it "toughens up the troops for the general election". I am not of that camp. I think bruising campaigns hurt our cohesiveness. Sometimes there are lingering hurts which work against us, and not for us. Trust me - I have seen it.

Jeff Johnson ran very good campaigns the last two times. I would know that, as I was on Jeff's team. Outstate, Jeff was awesome. In the metro area, that is where the battle was lost. Same with Doug Wardlow, running for AG the last time around.

This time, I backed Michelle Benson, as I thought she had the best chance of turning some blue voters red in the metro area. I also thought that of Kendall Qualls. Scott Jensen is an unknown to me on that issue. I hope he can turn some blues to reds in the metro area, for if he can't, this year will be a repeat of 2018, 2014, and 2010. 

More on the upcoming campaign as it gets closer. Meanwhile, the headline story in Drudge this morning, was that Russia has lost 1/3 of its ground forces in Ukraine. That is a huge news story. I know as of late, I have been penning stories about the war more so than other events. But this is a huge deal. More on that next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment