Wednesday, May 18, 2022

To kill a spider...

 




"...when we get a probe to one of the moons of Jupiter or Saturn which might have frozen bodies of water on them. We would give anything to find paramecium, bacteria, amoeba - anything in any of those frozen seas."


I have a spider down by my desk in the lower level of the house. He seems to have taken up residency there. The other day, I had him in my sights. He was mine. I was going to step on him and there would be nothing left of him by a spat and a small stain. But right before I could bring my foot down, I stopped. I had a thought about life. This spider I could kill in a nanosecond, and not think anything of it, would be worth its weight in gold if found on Mars. Or any other planet we want to explore.

What the Sam Hill are you talking about Bird? Simply this. There is hardly a week which goes by, where there is not a YouTube or another type of article which talks about how maybe, just maybe, the James Webb telescope might be able to detect life on a distant planet. Or when we get a probe to one of the moons of Jupiter or Saturn which might have frozen bodies of water on them. We would give anything to find paramecium, bacteria, amoeba - anything in any of those frozen seas. Why? It would be life outside of Earth.

As a kid, do you remember taking a drop of pond water, and putting it under a microscope? There is life in that droplet - lots and lots of life. In fact, it is hard to find anyplace on this planet, where life is not present. Now I will speak for myself only - I take much of the life we have on this planet for granted.

So, is there life out there amongst the stars? I don't know, but that was the topic of discussion in Washington yesterday. Congress was having hearings on UAPs. Like - what are they? Are they ours, China's, or something else? If they are "something else", does that mean alien life from another planet? If so, we have just solved the life issue. There would be life on planets outside of ours. 

But that entire issue of life "out there", I will leave to the scientists and astronomers. As for me on this planet, I am just going to enjoy the life which we see each and every day. Birds, deer, foxes, and yes - even that small spider which lives by my downstairs desk. If there is life other than here - that might just be a bonus.   


2 comments:

  1. And yet, Democrats hold hearings on the possibility of life elsewhere, while denying that real human life can exist in the womb.

    ReplyDelete