Monday, October 27, 2014

Oh Andover, my Andover...

 
 

 
"We really need someone who can tell the Met Council to sit down and shut up!"



I am going to write about someone I have never met face to face. Yet, feel I know her. Even though I have never her, I have friends who have. They have told me all I need to know. They have endorsed her. If  Sheri does only one thing very important thing for Andover, it will be enough.

What am I talking about? The unelected, unrepentant, unforgivable Met Council. It needs to be kept in check. Right now, they are operating way, way out of their box. With permission to do so, I will evoke the Mayor of Oak Grove (directly north of Andover). Mayor Mark Korin has taken on the Met Council and continues to do so today. The Met Council is VERY GOOD at handing out unfunded mandates to the metro area and beyond. Anoka County, as well as four other counties, have stood their ground against Met Council's unlawful power grab.

Andover lies just south of Oak Grove. We are also very close to the city of Nowthen. Andover is in the bulls eye of higher density housing. Sewer where there is no sewer is needed. And yes, public transit where it never materializes. These people (Met Council I am talking about) are without shame. They throw down edicts to ensure the utopian and far fetched Thrive 2040 comes to fruition. Well it may come to fruition with city dwellers, but it will be a tough sell up here.

We need a mayor who will work hand in hand with our neighboring cities. Cities like Oak Grove. No offense to mayoral candidate, Julie Trude - but I have not seen this type of commitment from her. Even though Sheri and I have not talked "one to one" on this issue, people I know and respect have done so. She is fully on-board with keeping the Met Council in check. She is ready to take this fight to the next level. She will fight the good fight in taking on this bunch of take over artists from Minneapolis.

Please join me in endorsing Sheri Bakkila for the Mayor of Andover. Mayors like Mark Korin and other nearby Mayors cannot do this by themselves. They need support from neighboring cities. Mark and the other Mayors need the continued support of the Anoka County Board as well as the other county boards. This is our fight. Thrive 2040 is evil and dystopian. We need people like Sheri to fight for us. To fight the Met Council. To ensure the good life in Andover continues to be the good life for many years to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment