Friday, December 16, 2016

A Chapter Closes...







"No more snake salesmen ever. And I don't care which party. A snake salesman is a snake salesman, no matter if he (of she) is red or blue."


I am having a strong drink. I need it. I decided for old times sake to watch the final press conference of Barack Hussein Obama. It was tough, but I needed to do it. I need to remember this man long after he leaves office. Truthfully - I have never seen anyone quite like him. Without sounding too disrespectful, I would like to put this forward. He is not only arrogant, he is delusional. 

For the life of him, he does not understand how Hillary lost. It had to be something sinister, like the Russians. After all, in Obama's mind he set the table nicely for Hillary. The fix was in. The talking points had been distributed to the lap dog media, Trump was self-destructing, heck - this was going to be a cake walk! His third term would be accomplished - only it would have to be done be someone other than himself.

Some of the press asking Obama questions were almost weepy. It was almost like the last visit, the last meal shared. This man, this messiah to the press is going to be gone in a bit over a month. And then who are they going to deal with? A man, a game show host, who does not know how to handle questions from the press like the wonderful Obama does. This is about enough to make any snowflake wear a diaper pin!

My wife chose not to watch this final presser. I told her that was too bad because I learned something. I learned that NOTHING bad which happened in the past eight years, was his fault. I also learned that the country was now more divided than ever. That too, is not the fault of the current President. 

I will give President Obama credit for one thing however. He did create lots of jobs. McDonald's, Burger King, Best Buy - you name it. Of course most are all part time as employers do not want to pay health insurance. They would rather dump their employees on the broken system of ObamaCare. The good jobs however, the ones which offer a livable wage and nice benefits, they are somehow still missing in action. Of course, this is not Obama's fault either.

While in the Navy, I learned that I owned my actions and my behavior. If either were bad, I had nobody to blame but myself. It was not permitted to blame something or someone else. I guess in community activist school, they teach just the opposite. Blame everyone else, and own nothing.

In a bit over a month, this chapter will close. What have we learned from the last eight years? The same lesson we learned as youth reading the Pied Piper. The foolish follow the fools. 

My resolve? No more snake salesmen ever. And I don't care which party. A snake salesman is a snake salesman, no matter if he (of she) is red or blue.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment