Thursday, December 15, 2016

DISASTER LOOMS!






"Someone asked me not too long ago why I have such animus towards the Metropolitan Council. I said (to put it in the common vernacular), THEY SUCK! AND - they don't represent me. Not even a smidgen."


OMG! It is going to be bad! It is going to be terrible! It is going to be catastrophic! It is going to be - a joke. Pardon me while I snicker with glee at the mess the un-elected, un- repentant, un-accountable Metropolitan Council have found themselves in. They are getting ready to come to tax payers and say, "Mommy, Daddy - can we have some more money? Ours ran out because we don't know crap about how to manage your money!"

Someone asked me not too long ago why I have such animus towards the Metropolitan Council. I said (to put it in the common vernacular), THEY SUCK! And - they don't represent me. Not even a smidgen. The person who asked me this question is a bit left of me (politically). I was hoping the next question would have been, "Then if you don't like them, why don't you vote them out of office!" The answer of course, is I can't. They are unelected bureaucrats.

The transit system of the Metropolitan Council is made up of buses and choo-choo trains. Besides paying for the extraordinary high cost of getting the infrastructure ready for the trains, there is also huge operating and maintenance costs to bear. Those costs were hidden from the legislature. Why? It seems like the non-truth tellers on the Metropolitan Council did not give the DFL backed Senate and Governor the entire story. The Met Council is now running a deficit of $89M. 

Here is where humor comes into the story. Most Republicans HATE (or strongly dislike) the Metropolitan Council and it's choo-choo trains. Now, Adam Duininck, the head of the Met Council, is going to approach the newly elected or re-elected Minnesota House and Senate to ask for more money. Well guess what Adam? In case you have not noticed, both the House and Senate are now controlled by the Republicans who want to put you guys out of business!

If the state legislature does not come to the rescue (which they won't), the unthinkable will happen! Fares will rise and/or services will be cut! One of Adam's fellow statists on the council is quoted as saying this would be a "nightmare" scenario. And - some riders might get so fed up they would quit riding the trains and "buy a car!" Oh heavens - say it ain't true!

Just like with the hand picked stadium commission (picked by our foggy Governor), the folks on these commissions are bozos without the red noses. None of them are qualified - not one of them. They are all just political hacks. Heck, I could pick people at random out of the neighborhood, and they could do a better job. Why? First off, they are not ideologues. Next, most have homes and family budgets, and know how to manage and balance them.

What am I going to do? I am going to get into an easy chair and buy some popcorn. This is going to be fun. The Metropolitan Council is SOL when it comes to asking the new legislature for one thin dime. Fares will have to go up, or services cut. And then, for the first time, people in the legislature will listen to the ones who have saying choo-choo trains are un-affordable as operated.

As the pastor will sometimes say in church - "Can I get an amen on that?" The Metropolitan Council's days are numbered. Better days are looming - not disaster.



No comments:

Post a Comment