Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Good bye California...






"No, I have had it with this state once called 'Golden'. I liked to travel out there, both on business as well as vacation. No longer. And Hollywood is at the epicenter of this mayhem."



It has been a great run. Well, up until the past few decades that is. Our once "Golden State" has been reduced to just the "land of the fruits and the nuts" (their motto - not mine). But like all good things, it is time for this relationship to end. As many in California want to exit (as is Brexit), my opinion is to let them go. And do it fast. Or as the old farmer expression goes, "Don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you!"


Like many of us in "fly over land". I have had it with the snobs on both coasts. Many are elite bigots. While many of the coastal states I have put on "probation" (until they get their poop in a group), California is way too far around the bend to save. Nope - as far as I am concerned, Governor "Moonbeam" can become President "Moonbeam" of the newly created country of California. Or Mexican California, if California becomes a part of Mexico. Then the state would then extend all the way down to the tip of Baja California. I simply don't care which it is.

This past election was the frosting on the cake for me. While for the most part, the rest of the country "got it", California did not. In fact, so many of lemmings in California voted for Clinton, it swung the popular vote over to Clinton. That is right. Without California, Trump's popular vote would have carried the country. Now all we are hearing from the Loony Left is how the ALL the people of this country wanted Clinton, and if not for the outdated Electoral College, we would be swearing in President Hillary on January 20th. 

California is a prototypical tax and spend state. It has the 8th highest taxes in the country and the debt is (ready for this?), nearly a 1/2 trillion dollars. According to CNN Money, with the median price of a house around $450,000 (state wide), many can no longer to live there. Hundreds of thousands have left the state (according to IRS records) in the past three years. Bottom line? The state is getting ready to implode. The rich are leaving and the poor keep coming. It has become unsustainable. And if California's implosion happens while it is still tethered on to the union, we will all get stuck with the bail out. It will be massive.

No, I have had it with this state once called "Golden". I liked to travel out there, both on business as well as vacation. No longer. And Hollywood is at the epicenter of this mayhem. It is a mess of the highest degree. It is a blue state which is now more black and blue than blue.

My conclusion? As far as I am concerned, the faster we can get rid of California, the better. It gives me no pleasure to say that. I would love the have the California of old back again, but I fear it is gone forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment