Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Independence Day in DC





"Back to this year. I don't think this is a bad idea to shake it up a bit. Try it out. In just a few short years, we will be celebrating our 250th anniversary. Good time to practice up."



By now, most have heard that the President wants to change the way we celebrate our Independence Day. Not that there is anything wrong with the way we do it now - he just thinks it could be so much more. Like parades, speeches, patriotic songs - throwing a party by us, and for us. As usual, the great divide is present. The other side thinks that this would be way too showy - maybe even an attempt to be a political rally. The President's side on the other hand, it tired of seeing our country run down. It is time to proudly proclaim, we are Americans, and we are great again! 

I have been in Washington, DC on Independence Day. No, it was not for vacation. I was in the middle of a protracted negotiation, and Independence Day fell on Wednesday. Since my government counterpart was off on Independence Day (and theoretically, so was I), my boss gave me a choice. Come home on the late flight on Tuesday night, spend the Fourth with my family, and then be on the zero-dark-thirty flight back to DC on Thursday morning - or - gut it out. Stay in DC over the holiday. I talked with the team, and we all decided to "gut it out".

The Beach Boys were playing on the Mall that year. It just so happens, they were also staying at our hotel. That was an experience. Lots, and lots of drinking and partying (by them, not us). We spent the morning of Independence Day working. At noon, we decided to walk down to the Mall to be part of the festivities. Anybody who has ever been in DC in the summer time, knows DC offers two things in the summer - heat and humidity. In any event, we made the most out of it, and saw a bang up fireworks show that evening.

Back to this year. I don't think this is a bad idea to shake it up a bit. We should try it out. In just a few short years, we will be celebrating our 250th anniversary. Good time to practice up. As far as having tanks on the roads, I am still pondering that one. May be a good idea, or it may be a bridge too far. In any event, if the President has his hands in it, things will be really YUGE!

However it turns out, it will be a great holiday. Never had a bad Independence Day, no what the weather. Coming up this Thursday. It will be great. I can't wait. 


4 comments:

  1. HELLO! WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI WORLD RICHES.

    Are you a business Man, politician, musical, student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Illuminati brotherhood, and receive a monthly salary of $500,000USD.

    All members that are belong to this great Society always received a benefit of $50,000 so I guess you are willing to become a member?? 

    We are ready to change your life, we can make your Dreams come true, also are going to gives you everything that you need in this Life ....

    * Riches 

    *Power

    *Famous

    *Wealth

    With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish,
    if you really want to be a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood then contact us via: Email:officialilluminati999@gmail.com

    Best Regards.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch this video https://youtu.be/e-JSVY1nAjg

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  4. Investing online has been a main source of income,that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity,you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information,and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals,assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly,just file a complaint with  Robert,I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and ever getting my lost funds back,till i met with him,with his help now i have my lost funds back to my bank account and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!! Email: Robertseaman939@gmail.com or Fb.me/investandmakemoney1 or  whatsApp: +44 7466 770724

    ReplyDelete