Saturday, July 13, 2019

No longer your granddaddy's Ford





"If you have a gas guzzling car or truck (like I have), enjoy these days. We just might be in the end times of the gas powered engine. Oh, I am sure in 10 years you will still be able to find one, but they will be rare."



I have taken a lot of heat from some in the past when I bring this up. Some of the things I write about, I extrapolate my conclusion based on different facts. Other things, I take straight from the source. In writing about how the auto industry is going electric, I take information directly from the source. Like Ford's web site. And the auto industry web site.

Today, I will talk only about Ford. The changes in Ford are not in the distant future. They will be starting with the 2020 models. The Ford Mustang Crossover will be out in mid-2020. And it will be a doozy. This new Mustang will look and act nothing like the Mustang that Steve McQueen drove in Bullitt. Nope. The new Crossover Mustangs will either be PHEV (Plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicle) or BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle). No more 325 horse, GT 390 versions I guess.

The slope at Ford will go up quickly after the 2020 crossover models come out. For Ford, 2020 will be entering the shallow end of the pool with this new technology. Bill Ford, the current chairman, has said his company is all in to be a leader in this electric vehicle revolution. He will need to be, as GM and the others are close behind. In fact, by 2022 (less than three years away), Ford wants 40 models to be either PHEV or BEV. By 2025, you can throw autonomous vehicles into the mix also.

Some in Congress are sensing this trend and are starting to act. The gas tax is on it's deathbed. Somebody should really tell Taxing Timmy Walz that fact. In Washington, legislation is being considered to have a mileage tax instead of a gas tax. Duh! If by 2025, PHEV, BEV and autonomous vehicles will be more common than uncommon, a gas tax will be as useless as a screen door on a submarine. 

Yesterday, I penned an article about the coming 5g revolution in data. That will also affect the auto industry. Once 5g becomes common (by the end of next year), it will be the juice which allows autonomous cars to become reality. Don't think that is not being considered right now by many of the auto manufacturers. If all the moving pieces fall correctly, in less than 10 years, you will not recognize our highways, nor what rides on them.

If you have a gas guzzling car or truck (like I have), enjoy these days. We just might be in the end times of the gas powered engine. Oh, I am sure in 10 years you will still be able to find one, but they will be rare. And where to drive one, might also be an issue.

My grandies might never have to learn how to drive. Certainly not how to fill up a car with gas. As Bob Dylan wrote, "The times they are a changing...", and the change starts next year.



   

3 comments:

  1. Investing online has been a main source of income,that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity,you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information,and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals,assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly,just file a complaint with  Robert,I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and ever getting my lost funds back,till i met with him,with his help now i have my lost funds back to my bank account and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!! Email: Robertseaman939@gmail.com or Fb.me/investandmakemoney1 or  whatsApp: +44 7466 770724

    ReplyDelete
  2. Investing online has been a main source of income,that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity,you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information,and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals,assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly,just file a complaint with  Robert,I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and ever getting my lost funds back,till i met with him,with his help now i have my lost funds back to my bank account and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!! Email: Robertseaman939@gmail.com or Fb.me/investandmakemoney1 or  whatsApp: +44 7466 770724

    ReplyDelete
  3. I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete