Tuesday, May 16, 2017

A sanctuary state for disease?







"When I went to Australia on a temporary work visa in the 1980's I had to show my immunization card. If I had refused, they would have wished me, "G'Day", and I would have been barred from coming in."


Many are now wondering if we are vetting people coming in from foreign counties the right way. In particular, we want to make sure no "bad actors" from terrorist groups are slipping in with the rest. However, something I have also been wondering about is if we are checking the folks coming in for communicable diseases?

It seems we have a measles problem in Minnesota right now because Somali immigrants are fearful of the vaccine. Also, we found out over the prior weekend that a case of TB just surfaced in Eden Prairie.

The other morning in the paper was a hang wringing article about our our self imposed measles outbreak. It is now the worst since 1990. That would be 27 years for those who are counting. My take on this is simple. When immigrants or refugees come into this country, they go nowhere until they 1) prove they have been immunized against the diseases our citizens are immunized against or 2) if they cannot prove it, they are immunized on the spot.

Next thing. It pains me to say this as I am against more government intervention in out lives. At any school or licenced day care in Minnesota, a child should not admitted until he or she is immunized. So why would we not be doing that right now? My belief it is all part of this sanctuary nonsense. We don't want to pry. We don't want to offend anyone. We are PC. Instead, we will let these non-immunized kids going around the community infecting whoever gets in the way.

We have a health care crisis in our country right now. We can't afford to have a bunch of additional people on Medicare who should not have to be if they had simple immunizations. When I went to Australia on a temporary work visa in the 1980's I had to show my immunization card. If I had refused, they would have wished me, "G'Day", and I would have been barred from coming in.

At the top of the hour news today, it was reported that these now 60 cases of measles have exposed thousands of others. I guess out PC culture is going to open the door for another 1950 type measles pandemic.     


No comments:

Post a Comment