"We want him to get back to his agenda. We want him to make America great again. We can't do that if half the country still thinks there might be some 'there, there'."
One of my favorite expressions from Will Rogers is, "Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut." As a teenager, I like many of us, did not have the right size filter on my mouth. Consequently, my mouth often times got me in trouble. In fact, it is so common that one's mouth can get them in trouble, it is addressed in the Bible. James 3:8 says the following: "but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison."
This past week, former President Obama was quoted in a news source by saying that President Trump is a "bullshitter". And that he might be. He is a salesman and developer from New York City. He grew up in a rough and tumble business where you take no prisoners. The grand prize is to make a lot of money, and the penalty for failure is usually bankruptcy.
Many people I dealt with from the East Coast had the same characteristics. Self aggrandizement, embellishment, coarseness and as Obama put it, "bullshitting". It is the nature of the beast. However, this New York developer is now President of the United States. There is a lot of what he has to offer which got him that position. Non-political, rich enough to be owned by no person or no organization, and a nose for business. However, we are finding out there is another side to that coin.
First off, do I think President Trump has done something wrong enough to be impeached? Not a bit. There is no Russian connection and there was nothing improper about disclosing classified information about ISIS to Lavrov. If the classified information issue was improper, H. R. McMaster would have immediately resigned and "dropped a dime" on the President. But he said it was all proper and above board. There simply is no "there, there."
The single best things our President can do right now are the following:
- Fix the "deep state" problem which has plagued his Administration from the get-go with unauthorized leaks.
- Fill all open slots in the under cabinet positions. And fill them with trusted professionals.
- Augment the West Wing inner circle with trusted and experienced professionals. Using Trumps inexperienced son-in-law is probably not the best way to go.
- Now comes the first of the whoppers. GET RID OF THAT DAMN TWITTER ACCOUNT! Let the press secretary be the official mouthpiece for the Administration.
- Second whopper. Follow the Will Rogers advice. NEVER MISS AN OPPORTUNITY TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! Once more, let the press secretary be the official mouthpiece for the Administration.
If he follows the above advice, I don't think it will stop the constant Trump Derangement Syndrome from the Left, but it sure will stop many of the self inflicted wounds the President suffers.
We want him to get back to his agenda. We want him to make America great again. We can't do that if half the country still thinks there might be some "there, there".