Monday, May 15, 2017

My Internet Troll





"Anyhow, I will ask my internet troll one more time to move on. Start your own blog should you so desire. Take up golf. Go fishing. Chase ladies."




When you are in the blogging business, or use social media on a regular basis, it becomes more likely that you might pick up an internet troll. I have had two in the past, and I was able to successfully rid myself of them. Right now, I have a third. And this one is a pesky troll for sure.

I remember reading an article about internet trolls. Why they do what they do. What makes them tick. The interesting part (according to the article), was that most are anarchists or Democrats (some say they are the same thing).

My current internet troll is a self professed Democrat, and proud of it. He is a former Minnesotan who moved to a lower tax state to leave us poor slobs with the tax mess the Democrats have created.

Actually, our relationship did not start out that bad. He would give an occasional comment on a blog post and they were mostly benign. Some were even insightful. However as time went on, they became more partisan and hateful. I sent him an e-mail (yes, you do get someone's e-mail address when they comment on a blogger posting) asking him nicely to stop. I even complimented him on his writing style and gave him a couple of suggestions of blog sites to use should he decide to start his own blog. I finished the e-mail off by telling him the next time he came back to Minnesota, we should get together for coffee or a beer. Turns out, it was like talking to the wall.

He has now redoubled his efforts to troll my blog. His comments are becoming more disrespectful and acrimonious. He has an animus towards the Right, the Constitution, even the church. So much so, when I write a faith based article, he uses it as a perch to rant about mega-churches. 

I really don't want to turn him into Google, but I might have to. I am free speech guy. I have encouraged him to start his own blog so he can exercise his own free speech. What he is doing by trolling my account is try to infringe on my free speech. It seems that Democrats are good at wanting to have their free speech, but always trying to suppress speech of those on the Right. Don't believe it? Look at the campus environment these days.

Anyhow, I will ask my internet troll one more time to move on. Start your own blog should you so desire. Take up golf. Go fishing. Chase ladies. I have never trolled someone so I can't relate to the addiction.

Sorry. Life is too short to make someone else's life harder. Minnesota nice is to stay nice - resident or not.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete