Thursday, April 3, 2014

A wee bit of name calling....

 
 



"Sticks and stones, sticks and stones. Oh, whatever..."



The political season has been referred to by some of the more seasoned pundits as "the silly season". I am starting to understand what they are talking about. For the umpteenth time I will say this - I love a good political discussion, a good debate. However, when that is not possible, name calling comes next. It reminds me of years ago when some would call into the Rush Limbaugh show just to argue with him. When they started losing the argument, they would call him fat and then hang up.

Some of the candidates already have the storm troopers out, not only ready to smear the other candidates, but also to besmirch whomever might be supporting them. For example, if you support "Joe Shmo", you might be a sheeple, a sociopath, a sycophant, an apath, a tool, or just plain an idiot. If you don't vote for the person I support, you have not done your homework, you don't know how to vet, or you are just plain lazy.

I was going to say it is too bad when Republicans and Democrats have to address each other in this manner. However, these names are being tossed at people from the same side! Who cares about the other side when we can kill each other off first! I know it is good to have some family disagreements, but I was taught when I was growing up not to wash my dirty laundry outside. The national (as well as local) reputation the Republicans right now is a house divided. A dysfunctional family. A Hydria.

Now not all candidates are like this. Many play above board. Many are team players - trying out for the starting position so to speak. If you are not the starting second baseman this season, you support who is, and try again next season. You don't try to sabotage the starter only to weaken that person when you are getting ready to play another team. TEAM - no "I" in TEAM!

And please, enough of the purity tests on people. Chris Christy, love him or hate him, said something very profound at CPAC this year. "You can't govern if you don't win." We can pick each other apart, parse our differences, weaken ourselves, and then lose (again). I love Constitutional Conservatives as representatives. However, if I can't have that, I will take someone who is slightly moderate (not a RINO however) over most any Democrat. We have our chance to pick our candidates through the endorsing process. Once we choose, we need to support. Failure to do so could result in another third party candidate which will hand the election over to the other side (sound familiar?)

Well, that is enough of my rant this morning. I know some of my friends will not agree, but this is the way I feel. I want to win damn it! I am tired of led by dishonest brokers who are taking our country down the path of ruin. Victory in November! No more, no less.




No comments:

Post a Comment