Monday, October 3, 2016

The Mouse and the Cheese






"Another pundit on the news had this to say about Trump - and I thought it summed things up wonderfully - 'Trump needs to make a decision. Win the argument or win the Presidency.'"



Over the weekend, I was listening to a news pundit who had a very interesting take on Donald Trump. He said Trump reminds him of when he catches a mouse in a trap. He often wonders what was so alluring to that now dead mouse about that piece of cheese which caused his demise. He said Trump is similar in that it is easy to get him off script by attacking some element of his past. Like defending why he called a Miss Universe winner "Miss Piggy" when she gained weight.


This is the problem right now with Donald Trump. When he stays on his message, he is deadly. He has a GREAT message on how to fix many of our national problems. But, and this is a big one, when he goes off script, the Clinton camp loves it. It stalls the Trump campaign dead in its tracks.

Another pundit on the news had this to say about Trump - and I thought it summed things up wonderfully - "Trump needs to make a decision. Win the argument or win the Presidency." Amen to that!  I know that Trump's new team has done a good job in keeping him on script. But holy cow - they can't be with him at 3 am when he is tweeting!

Trump kind of reminds me of my relationship with my oldest daughter. I can goad her into a emotional response when I say something totally outrageous. And she knows I am just pulling her chain. But she can't help herself. She reacts. I have told her in the past she reminds me of a Northern going after a bait. Total impulse. Donald Trump is the same way. He can't help himself. It is in his DNA. And for that reason alone, we might get 8 years of another Clinton disaster.

We can only hope and pray that Donald gets the message - and soon. He must dig deep into his character to gain control himself. To stick to his message. If he does that, we will make America great again. If he does not, we will be dealing with the devil in a blue dress, all over again.




No comments:

Post a Comment