Friday, October 7, 2016

Why I am voting for Trump






"So that leaves what to do this year. The choice really is binary. If you vote for Hillary, choose not to vote, write someone in, or vote third party, Hillary Clinton will be the 45th President."



As many have said, this is the strangest election ever. And with about a month to go, the strangeness of this election just gets stranger. It is an election when the two candidates representing the two major parties in this country have almost historic negatives. Consequently, many times I have heard, "From a country of over 300 million, is this the best we can do?"

Many have clamored for a third party candidate that will sweep us off our feet this year. Instead we get Gary Johnson, a former Governor who is a few degrees "off the bubble". I think Gary quit reading the newspaper years ago as he has shown time and time again that "he is not as smart as a fifth grader." He is so bad, that even some Libertarians are jumping off his bandwagon. And Jill Stein? Her poll numbers struggle to make it up to 1%. 

Last night I went to an event to hear about our government as it relates to our sovereign rights as individuals. The man presenting (whom I dearly respect) made a case that neither of the two major parties address or respect our sovereign rights. That maybe we need a new party - not a third party, a new party to replace one of the two major parties. Maybe we do. But it will not happen this year.

So that leaves what to do this year. The choice really is binary. If you vote for Hillary, choose not to vote, write someone in, or vote third party, Hillary Clinton will be the 45th President. It is as simple as that. My feeling is that our sovereign rights will be further eroded with a Clinton Presidency. Based on what she has done, and what she says she will do if elected. Her recipe is out there for all to see. We KNOW what we will get with Clinton. 

With Trump, we may or may not have more erosion in our sovereign rights. We simply don't know as there is no track record or recipe for us to look at. Will he govern different that Clinton would? I hope so. Is there a chance he would govern similar to Clinton? Yes, there is. 

But now comes the moment of truth. The leap of faith. I am going to vote for the Trump/Pence ticket because I am hopeful Trump can do half the things he says he will do. If he can fix our economy, our trade issues, our defense, it would be wonderful. We are on the wrong track going the wrong direction and four to eight years of Clinton will just take us further down that wrong track. I am hopeful that Trump would put us on a much different track.

This is not a popular vote with some of my friends and relatives. Some think I have taken a long walk off a short pier. But like I have said, this is a binary election. There WILL be a 45th President. I have seen the Clinton movie for eight years, and I chose not to see it again for another eight.

If Trump performs poorly, he will get the boot after four years. If he does not perform poorly, and if he does what he says he will do, we can make America work, we can make America strong, and we can make America great once again.

1 comment:

  1. This is getting worse and worse! Leaves me in limbo, but I've gotta vote! Since I've been ablle to vote, i have never seen ANYTHING like it! God help us!

    ReplyDelete