Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The gender strike - really?







"Here is my suggestion to women everywhere who want to strike today. Rather than just getting an undeserved additional day off of work, how about making a real statement? Like voicing concern for women in countries where there is a real war on women."


Some people just have too much time on their hands. Seriously. Today is International Woman's Day. I only know that is it popped up on my Bing news feed. I look that this day with the same disdain that I look at Valentine's Day. Why? If you need a special day just to appreciate the women in your life, or the woman that holds your heart, you have a big problem. I honor and love the women in my life each day, every day.

Now this gets very weird. Some on the Loony Left are not satisfied with just having this one day to recognize women across the world. Nope. They are going on strike. No, this is not a joke. In fact (hold on to your hats), because women make up over 80% of elementary school teachers, some districts in this country are going to close today due to the fact so many teachers are opting to stay home from work. Kind of like a one day wildcat strike.

In the real world, if I had called my boss up and said I was not coming in the next day because I was going to be on strike, he would have told me I could just stay home forever. But then again, I was not in a teacher's union. Or while in the Navy, if I told my section chief I was not reporting for duty the next day as I would be on strike, I would have been standing tall in front of the Captain for my mast.

Here is my suggestion to women everywhere who want to strike today. Rather than just getting an undeserved additional day off of work, how about making a real statement? Like voicing concern for women in countries where there is a real war on women. Like many countries in the Middle East. Where woman don't count as a real citizen. Or are stoned to death for a minor infraction. Maybe the country of Thailand, where scores of young women are imprisoned by sex trafficking.

My feeling on this matter is simple. In the 36 years my wife worked as a teacher, I saw the pay charts each time there was a new contract. There was never a section for men's teachers and then one for woman's teachers with different pay scales. They just had one for all teachers, with all the salaries and benefits being the same. Plus, when I was in the work a day world, if any company I worked at was proven to pay men and women differently for doing the same job, they would be in court.

Leave it to the Loony Left to really screw up a day which started off with good intentions. In fact, today the Loony Left is telling women to wear red to show solidarity. I guess the white outfits the Democrat women wore during the President's address are now passe. Oh well....  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment