Thursday, August 4, 2016

Failure of the press (again)






"There was a feature article about how hosed up the traffic is in the Twin Cities. And how it will only get worse. It was a fine article except for one thing - there was no honest reporting in it."



If I were a much younger person, with many working years in my future, I might be tempted to be a journalist. Why? We have so few of them today. I mean honest ones. All we have are sycophants for the Loony Left. The Fourth Estate has become nothing more than prostitutes for progressives.

Today was a perfect example of what I speak. There was a feature article about how hosed up the traffic the Twin Cities is. And how it will only get worse by 2040. It was a fine article except for one thing - there was not a shred of honest reporting in it. I mean, to answer the question "why".

Let me step in and help the lame stream media a bit on this one. The Met Council, led by some political hacks appointed by the Governor, wants us to look and act like Stockholm (and not the syndrome). Trains all over the place, with bike paths to boot. Cars? Those evil, polluting, throw backs to the Henry Ford era? Get rid of them. All you need to have a nice life is a high rise apartment downtown, a bike, and a train pass. 

Here is reality. I have talked about this until I am blue in the face. MOST PEOPLE in the Twin Cities area, live in one suburb and work in another. Their "train" is I-35, I-94, I-394, I-494, I-694, Highway 5, Highway 10, or Highway 169. And those people drive cars. Not that sane people would ride them anyway, bikes are not allowed on most major highways or interstates. To build more trains which terminate at Target Field, to build more bike trails, is beyond stupid. That is not where the traffic is.

Back to the ever growing congestion. Do we have the money to add lanes and/or build additional roads? As Ole would say, "You betcha!" Then why don't we? Because 40% of our transportation money goes to fund silliness. Silliness being trains, bike paths, or whatever paths. Meanwhile, the other 60% is not nearly enough to do both the maintenance AND expansion on our road system.

The Met Council has decreed that the Highway 610 expansion was going to be it. Forever it. No more new roads. Now who died and put "Atom Dumbjeck" in charge? I am not okay with that. The unelected, unaccountable, unrepentant, unreliable, unnecessary Met Council can go take a long walk off a short pier as far as I am concerned. We, the tax paying citizens, live in this area. We drive these roads. Having the Met Council tell me to do otherwise is enough to make me dump tea in the harbor!

If you have not done so, and have a minute, go to this morning's paper and read this article. However before you do, take your BP medication, have a stiff drink, and practice one hour of mindfulness. This article will infuriate you. It could easily make a violent person out of the Dali Lama. 

Please, please, please - remember this in November. And two years from November. We get these chowder heads that run our transportation systems because we vote for statists at the ballot box. The solution? Don't vote for anymore statists. Get rid of the idiots we currently have. And let's take back our country.  


No comments:

Post a Comment