Tuesday, August 16, 2016

First things first...





"And when I say 'First', I mean the First District, CD 1. The one the Democrats stole from us back in 2006. I think it is time to take that one back."



Rumor has it that our "blue" friends (that be the Democrats) are always looking for a surprise "pick up" in any general election. We know for a fact that they have targeted CD 2 in Minnesota. After being in John Kline's hands for many years, the donkeys are itching to get Angie Craig into that seat. Expect Democratic money to flow into Minnesota from every direction on the compass the closer we get to November.

Back to a surprise "pick up". What I will tell the Democrats is "back at ya!" In other words, two can play at that game. First off, I think we have an excellent chance to steal one away from them in CD 8. The mining issue, as well as other unpopular issues that Rick Nolan is supporting, has made him vulnerable. And Stewart Mills is much wiser and more crafty than two years ago. More on that in another post. For now, it is First things first.

And when I say "First", I mean the First District - CD 1. The one the Democrats stole from us back in 2006. By Walz's own admission, in 2006 he "caught the Republicans off guard" and won the election.

I think it is time to take that one back. The Republicans have an excellent candidate in Jim Hagedorn. Tim Walz has been sitting that that seat for ten years now. And CD 1 being rural and encompassing the growing community of Rochester, should be ripe to be a red county once again. 

First the good news about Tim Watz. He is a retired Company Sargent Major in the National Guard. That is pretty high up in the food chain for an enlisted person. I am impressed with that. Now the bad news. In the past 10 years while Watz has been serving in Congress, the VA has been exposed to be a cesspool of inefficiency and waste. I know that the Watz campaign literature touts how much he has done for veterans. My response? Not nearly enough Congressman!

What I expect from any veteran serving in Congress, especially one serving on the Committee on Veterans Affairs, is to be the biggest pain the the rear as possible to the Administration until the VA is finally fixed. Watz gets a low grade from me on that one. And just to be fair, so do many other veterans who serve in Washington. The VA needs a total "re-do". And until that happens, I hold every vet serving in Washington to be part of the problem.

There are other weaknesses Congressman Watz has (such as Planned Parenthood), but I won't go into those right now. All I know is Mr. Hagedorn has what it takes to send Congressman Walz packing. And that is just what we should do!

So first things first. It is time for a change in Washington. It is time for a change in our First District. It is time not to be so concerned about the top of our ticket (as it can drive one nuts), and focus on the down races. In those races, we have some control. It is time to made CD 1 red again.    

1 comment:

  1. I wish people would stop believing what the media say about Donald Trump, because once we do, they will tie him around our "downticket" necks like an albatross! Time to stand up for truth and against the egregiously outrageous reporting and double standard, and win top to bottom. If we don't we could lose due to dirty tricks, again.

    ReplyDelete