Monday, May 2, 2016

A hellish event?






"I have said this before, but it needs repeating. Barack Obama has done a number on this country. He has fractured it like a fragile vase."



Let me start off by simply saying this. I greatly admire each and every person who has thrown his or her hat in the ring to go to the national convention. However, I will also say this. If I were offered a national delegate slot, flown to Cleveland first class, put up in a 5 star hotel, fed like a king, I would not go. In fact, I would run as fast as I could in the opposite direction. I think what is going to happen in Cleveland (and maybe even Philadelphia) could be one for the ages. And I don't mean that in a good way.

The closer we get to the convention, the more scared I get. I have gone through all possible outcomes in my mind - and none turn out well. It is obvious at this time that Trump will have most of the delegates at the time of the convention. They are going to feel entitled to the nomination. If it goes to the second or third ballot and Ted Cruz or someone else gets the nomination, I can see mayhem breaking out both inside and outside of the convention center. 

Donald Trump will not go into the night gently. No, not a bit. He has the bug too much right now. If the Republican convention is not kind to him, I would almost bet the house he would go third party. And then what could make things even more chaotic, is if the Democratic convention also fell apart. Where too many of the faithful felt Hillary was part of the problem. Too much baggage. Too much Washington. Then Bernie also runs third ticket. 

I have said this before, but it needs repeating. Barack Obama has done a number on this country. He has fractured it like a fragile vase. Our national motto has gone from "Out of many, one" to "As many as you want". 

One more thing. This was on the news this morning as well as in the print. Somewhere between 60% and 2/3 of us think we are on the wrong track. I guess the other third is still gulping the Kool-aide. And (this is the important one), should the race be between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, a full quarter of the electorate will either stay home or vote third party. In a critical year when we need mending after BHO, this is what we are left with.

Now I have said this before - I support Ted Cruz. But many do not. And one of the reasons I have heard people do not is Ted does not play well with others. Let me help clarify - he does not play well with Washington insiders. And that is exactly why I support him! Boehner, the ultimate insider, recently referred this very faithful man of God as Lucifer. That statement alone should have resulted in another million or so votes going for Cruz. 

Be brave folks. When the Republican convention starts, it could be the start of something very bad, or the end of a very shallow party, or the start of something new and promising. In any event, the birth pangs have already started. July could really be the darkness of the storm just before the light of day can once again be seen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment