Thursday, May 26, 2016

Making Trump Great (maybe again)






"Not only make him winnable, but able to function within the Constitution once he does win. And that is a tall order."



Okay. I have had just about enough. I am not a Ron Paul guy. I am not a Rand Paul guy. I am not a Marco Rubio guy. I was a Ted Cruz guy. The above mentioned are all good men. I chose to be a Ted Cruz guy for many reasons. But Ted could not garner the votes to win the nomination. Nor will he in Cleveland unless he fractures the convention. No, love him or not, this is Donald J. Trump's race to win or lose.

He now has the delegates needed to win. The only chance for an upset is some kind of miracle finish. And that ain't going to happen. Plus the Libertarian Party is not going to be a factor (even though I like Austin "whats his name"). Please don't ask me to defend this post - but it is reality. The race will be between Donald Trump and Hillary (if she is still around, and not in an orange jumpsuit). 

Am I pleased with this outcome? Not really. I would have much preferred Ted Cruz against Hillary or Bernie. I think he would have smoked them both. However, that is not in the cards. Not this time. We are going to have Donald Trump as our nominee. And that is a bitter pill for many.

My wife's cousin, who I greatly respect, thinks I have taken a long walk off a short pier. As both of us are retired Navy, he does not understand how I could support Donald Trump - especially after some of the outrageous this he as said.

My response to him is what I will say now - we need to make Trump better. Not only make him winnable, but able to function within the Constitution once he does win. And that is a tall order.

So we can protest his vote by going either third party or not voting at all. We know how that has worked in the past. When Ross Perot ran as a third party, we got Bill Clinton for eight years. When four million Republicans stayed home in protest of Mitt Romney, we got another four years of Barack Obama. We could do the same protest this year. Vote third party or stay home and have eight more years of oral sex and cigars in the Oval Office.

My advise to my friends on the right is simply this - you know how I felt about Donald Trump. Never been a fan. But he is going to be our guy. There will be no miracle finish for Paul, Rubio or Cruz. This is reality speaking - get behind our guy. If he offended you in the past (trust me, I know), forgive and move forward. 

How do we win? Making Trump better. Making him winnable. If you don't want to help, I understand. However, you will lose your chance to complain if you don't help now. I am still dealing with Horner people that feel bad we have Dayton as our Governor. Go figure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment