Monday, May 16, 2016

Statement or suicide






"Now those who know me know one thing - I have never been a Trump guy. There are no Trump bumper stickers on either of my cars."



Oh boy. It is really starting now. You can see the cracks in the wall growing ever larger day by day. This morning I was tagged on a post which was a hit piece on Donald Trump. How the Republican Party on Minnesota was going to de-certify any delegate power for Trump. It was dripping with contempt for Donald Trump. And the stage is set for one hell of a mess later on this week in Duluth.

Now those who know me know one thing - I have never been a Trump guy. There are no Trump bumper stickers on either of my cars. That being said, should he come out of Cleveland with the nomination, I WILL support Donald Trump before I will allow Hillary Clinton to become our next President. Will I walk into that voting booth with a smile on my face like I did with Ronald Reagan ran? Not even close. 

I really am trying to pay close attention to what is going on. I do know this. Donald Trump scares the pants off of establishment and libertarian Republicans. But - he scares the Democrats even more.

A bit of personal history. This only type of person I have ever feared is someone who does not fear the rules. Donald Trump does not follow the rules. He is an iconoclast. And the Democrats know that.

Would I have preferred to see Ted Cruz in the top office over Donald Trump? In a New York minute. However, this is Trump's race right now. If I could see a path to victory for Ted Cruz, I would be on it. But I can't. Voting against Trump right now is a statement. In the general election it will become a suicide. We will end up with four more years of Clinton. You may disagree, but that is how I feel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment