Sunday, April 17, 2016

A world without harm








"And why do we harm each other? In World War II, the Italians were our mortal enemies. Now we cruise and vacation in Italy." 



I had a dream not too long ago. One of my loved ones who had passed years ago, asked me a question. "Why do we still harm each other?" I did not answer that question because, well, it was a dream. But when I woke up, I was haunted by that question. Why do we harm each other? Each of us made so perfectly in our Maker's design. And some of us delight in taking each other apart in the most vicious and cruel ways.

And why do we harm each other? In World War II, the Italians were our mortal enemies. Now we cruise and vacation in Italy. In fact, the Catholic Church is located within the country of Italy. Back then, Germany was Satan to us. Now they are the stabilizing influence in the Euro Zone.

And Japan? We trust them so much we are selling them our state of the art AEGIS weapon systems. And by the way, don't forget about the North Vietnamese Army. This once hated and feared enemy is now a trading partner. After fighting them for years which cost us 58,000 American deaths. And remember the Chinese Communists. This once hated enemy now holds quite a bit of our debt. And we visit, we trade, we borrow. Funny things for former enemies to do. 

Someone a while ago asked me if I was a racist. I responded in the affirmative. I only care for the human race. Especially in people to people relationships. Now I love animals, but I love people more. That being said - we need to fix this issue with the Islamic Terrorists. They seem to want to do a whole lot of people harm. Great harm. And that is contrary to what most of us want right now. 

I have reported on this before. I was watching the Science Channel and they had an imaginary meeting between an alien race and ours. The first question by the alien race is why we kill each other. Why are we are so cruel to each other. If you put the imaginary setting aside, these were very good questions. And truthfully, I have no answer. I really wish it were so, that we could all live in a world without harm.

When I look in my grandson's eyes, I can only wish for the best for him. My Father was a young man in World War II. Back then, the Axis Powers were evil. I served during the Vietnam War. At that time, the Viet Cong and the North Vietnamese Army were the enemy. I don't want my grandson growing up with hatred. I really don't. But I will say this. If this Islamic Army is intent on destroying the world, we need to fix this now. And I mean really fix it.

Think of that just for a moment. A Golden Age of Mankind once again. No wars, just a movement to evolve as a species. If we are true to our faith, we can do this. All we have to do is fix this hate thing and then focus on the love. At that time, we call all live in a world without harm - once again. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment