Saturday, April 23, 2016

And now - a time to come together








"I really don't want Aj to fade away. We need her. Even hard core Tom Emmer supporters were impressed by her." 


I am home. Fresh off the CD 6 Convention. All I can say is "Wow!". It was one of those events where there really were no losers, as everyone running was a winner. My friend (and I will say that, as I treasure her friendship) Aj, ran a very good campaign against the incumbent Tom Emmer. I will say this - Aj Kern is a quality woman. I have liked her since the first day I met her. This is not the first election where I had to make a tough choice - and probably will not be the last.

I told a friend of mine who was sitting behind me that I would love to see Aj run for senate against Amy - or even Al. She would be a solid candidate and I would sign up for that ticket in a New York minute.

Truthfully, I really don't want Aj to fade away. We need her. Even hard core Tom Emmer supporters were impressed by Aj. I know I have always been. I said in a previous post this is Tom's race. Aj's race is in the not too distant future. Tom has nothing against Aj - in fact he likes her. He has told me so. I like her. What I would really like to happen, is for Aj to help support Tom in the upcoming general election and for Tom to help Aj in her next race. I have said this many times before - the time for shooting our wounded, eating our young is over. It is time to show one face in beating back the statists.

I have talked to few people who have a better understanding of what is going on in the St. Cloud area than Aj. Aj is not a casual observer - she really pays attention. She cares. Plus her life story is about three degrees more interesting than only captivating. I have heard her life story more than once, and I could stand to hear it many more times. We need Aj - and we need Tom Emmer to continue to win.

I have addressed this before. If we are looking for purity tests to eliminate each other, it will not take long before we cull the herd. However if we try to help each other, we will all get better. Tom has told me he was glad that a candidate with the creds and desire (like Aj) ran against him. It made him better. I agree with the Congressman on that one!

I mentioned this to my friend Jack this once again today. Our bench strength is strong. The only thing that can defeat us - is us. I really want Aj to be on our side. I want her to continue to be involved. I love her perspective, I love her solutions. Most of all, I love her patriotism. By the same token, I really love the job that our Congressman has evolved into. It was a tough first year - he will admit that. But now we are on to bigger and better things.

Bottom line - this is the election as well as the one in two years we need to show our best and brightest. Today we saw two of them. We need to take our state back from the statists. Time to coalesce folks. Time to heal. And most importantly, time to show the donkeys we will fight back - and win.

    


No comments:

Post a Comment