Friday, April 1, 2016

Cal Bahr for 31B






"When I first met Cal, he did not tell me what he did. What talked about other things first. After talking to him for a while, if I had to guess what he did for a living, I would have said he taught Constitutional Law."



I live up in the hinterlands of the Twin Cities. The folks up here are some of the finest I have met. They remind me of the the patriots of old - take no prisoners, give no quarter. Many love to fish, love to hunt - most just plain love our Constitution. And one of the finest people I have met in the past few years is Cal Bahr. Now I am going to tell you just a bit about him.

When I first met Cal, he did not tell me what he did. We talked about other things first. After talking to him for a while, if I had to guess what he did for a living, I would have said he taught Constitutional Law. Yes, he is that smart. And not just our national Constitution, but our state Constitution as well. But guess what? Cal is not a law student. Nor is he a law school professor. Cal owns and operates a trucking company and EVERYTHING he knows about our Constitution(s), he has learned on his own. He, like my Father, is self taught. And Cal is very, very smart.

But it is one thing to be smart, it is something altogether to be able to apply it. And that Cal can. He never ceases to amaze me with his grasp of the facts, and how they apply to today's political issues. Now he is looking to replace a very good man in the Minnesota House. I like and respect Tom Hackbarth. He has done a good job in the past, but not as good in the recent past. Tom is about my age. He has served well for 22 years. But this job was never meant to be a "lifer" type position. We need to thank Tom, and wish him "good fishing", as he has deserved it.

Tomorrow we have the chance to endorse Cal as our representative for HD31B. Cal would carry on the work that Tom has done, probably carry it even further. It is all good folks - we are choosing between two good men. It is just at this point in time, Cal is the better choice. And he will broaden our perspective and influence in St. Paul.

It is time folks. Please join me in welcoming Cal Bahr into the mess in St. Paul that needs to be fixed. I promise you that any question given to Cal will be answered quickly and honestly. How do I know that? Because I know Cal. That is the way he rolls. Please vote for Cal tomorrow.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment