Saturday, September 24, 2016

Pre-debate thoughts





"A couple of my social media friends think I have taken a long walk off a short pier. That I have taken leave of me senses now that I am backing Trump. Maybe I have."



Those who know Roger Ailes are convinced that having him on Donald Trump's team has changed the race. That may or may not be true. My feeling is having Kellyanne Conway on the team has been a new rudder on the USS Trump. Whatever, or whomever it is, change is in the air. And I am looking forward to Monday night's debate like nobody's business. I am very hopeful to see a Donald Trump unlike the one I saw in the primary debates.

A couple of my social media friends think I have taken a long walk off a short pier. That I have taken leave of my senses, now that I am supporting Trump. Maybe I have. But I have said this before - I find a Clinton Presidency so awful, so catastrophic for our country, that I would chose Trump over Clinton in a New York minute. And Gary Johnson? A very nice man, but really a long ways away from being ready for prime time. And Dr. Stein? Lost in la-la land.

I am very anxious to hear both candidates describe their views on prosperity and national defense. It was said in the media today, the only thing the two candidates seem to agree upon is killing the TPP trade agreement (for different reasons). Other than that, they are about as different as the east is from the west. 

One of the things I really hope Trump does in at least one of the debates, is to rip the skin off the myth the economy is booming. It is not booming. It is anemic. It is all smoke and mirrors. And Hillary of course, is going to try and defend it. My feeling is Trump is smart enough, and cagey enough, to expose this fraud. I really don't understand why more folks on our side have not done this as yet. To me, this is low fruit on the tree.

One more word about the age of our candidates. Not just this year, but in many a year. All eyes will be on Hillary to see if she shows any signs of neurological or respiratory illness. And Hillary was very indignant when she was asked if she had any history of dementia or Alzheimer's. Well guess what Hillary? I was asked the same questions two years ago when we applied for our long term care insurance. I even had to take a cognitive test. Stuff can happen when you age. 

Many people when they age lose the circulation they had earlier in life. Standing in one spot for 90 minutes is tough for many people. I have neuropathy. I would tip over in about 30 minutes. We need younger people running for office. Both these candidates are either 70 or very close to it. 

In any event, I am looking forward to Monday night. I am even giving up a rite of the fall season (MNF) to watch the debate. Those who are still on the fence about supporting Donald Trump this year, please watch with an open mind. With Trump we can hope what we might get, with Hillary, we KNOW what we will get. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment