Sunday, September 18, 2016

Things to consider...





"The signs. Why don't the bad guys obey the signs which say 'Guns not allowed on these premises'? They just don't."



There is an old saying - "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight!" Why? Because if you did, you would lose badly. However there is something even worse. Don't go places where nobody is armed except the bad guys. I know, I know. The signs. Why don't the bad guys obey the signs which say "Guns not allowed on these premises"? They just don't. The only ones who seem to obey those signs are law abiding citizenry. And that has got to change.

I am sorry. Did that sound harsh? I am sick to death of hearing about some nut ball coming in to a school and massacring a bunch of kids and teachers. I am sick to death of someone yelling "Allah Akbar" in a theater, shopping mall or church and then opening fire. I am sick to death of someone with a simple knife being the instrument of destruction to innocents.

While the progressives try to disarm the law abiding citizens, I am calling for more guns and more trained citizens to carry them. Why? We are at war, and the enemy is inside the gate. And they would love to kill each and every one of us.

We have many, many people in this state who responsibly teach gun safety as well as the carry class. I took my carry class from one of the best. When I travel, I go NO PLACE without one or both of my handguns. The .357 sleeps next to me at night. In the daytime, it is safely out of reach of any young picky fingers. If I am not carrying one of them, it is tucked away in my gun safe. 

Like my good friend Ken said this morning, he carries just about everywhere. Like most of us, he went on to say that he hopes and prays he will never have to use any of his weapons in anger. Never. But like Ken, if I have to, I would take the shot in a heartbeat. I would do it against any evil doer who was hell bent on killing innocents. I would not hesitate for a second.

Let me be as clear as possible to those who are on the fence with getting a gun - and then being trained by a professional. This carnage will not stop. Period. DO NOT leave yourself undefended. Buy a gun, take it with you, and know how to use it.

Even though Obama and Hillary will NEVER tell you this, I will. We are at war. And the war is here. To quote a line from the movie We were soldiers when it looked like the good guys were going to be overrun by the North Viet Nam Army, "Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!"

I will modify that for today's war. "Ladies and gentlemen, BE PREPARED to defend yourself!" Help may come in time, or it may not if you are defenseless. If you are armed and prepared, help is already there.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment