Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A night to remember!






"You see, not only did we elect the "swamp drainer", we also allowed him the help of having a Republican Senate and House."


There might be a few typos in this one. Like most of us, sleep did not come easily last night. But that is okay - there is always tonight. In my wildest dreams, I never thought this would happen. Oh, I wished it would - but I also wish I could win the Power Ball. Both a Trump victory and winning a million dollars in the Power Ball, I put with the same odds. But there it was last night. The man who has never run for anything, who had made numerous political gaffes during the campaign, taking the Clinton political machine apart, almost state by state.

One of my social media friends tipped me off to watching MSNBC when things were really looking sour for Team Clinton. The look of shock on the moderator's faces on that most biased network was priceless. It was akin to reporting a UFO had just landed on the Capitol steps. Dare I say it? It was a delicious moment!

Where does the country go from here? There will be plenty of opportunity in the coming days to address that question. And how did this happen? Pundits (many of whom were as wrong as wrong could be) will burn up a lot of air trying to figure it out. Me? I am basking - having on the word basking, in the afterglow. You see, not only did we elect the "swamp drainer", we also allowed him the help of having a Republican Senate and House.

I remember one job I was hired for in my working days. I was a long interview process and there were a few other qualified people going for it. Truthfully, I never thought I would I had a chance. Once they decided to hire me, the VP I would be working for said to me, "Now sir, we will see if you are half as good as the way you came across in the interview process."  The same can be said for Donald Trump. Can he do what he promised? Even part of it? If we find out it was only words, it will be a tough four years. And only four years.

I am confident however, he will do what he promised. Life is good this morning, the sun is shining and the birds are chirping. What am I going to do? Take a wee bit of a vacation up to the North Shore. That is, after I buy a Power Ball ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment