Friday, November 11, 2016

Lawlessness trumps Lawfullness






"They are the new disruptive masses. The law breakers. The selfish few who don't give a wit about normal people trying to get home after a tough day of work."



"Love Trumps Hate". Gosh, it seems like only Tuesday we were hearing that over and over and over again. It was being uttered by today's flower children. You know - like in the 60's when the Hippies would put flowers in the guns of the National Guard. Today, we have a new type of flower child. In fact, some of the older sixties types are joining them. They are the new disruptive masses. The law breakers. The selfish few who don't give a wit about normal people trying to get home after a tough day of work.

I was "schooled" yesterday by a high school friend. She is a college professor and (don't be shocked), she is also a liberal. She took exception to the fact I referred to the Twin Cities protesters as anarchists. "They are just students, protesting. Like we did in 1968 and 1970". I informed her that I did not remember that - I was overseas serving at that time. In fact, I have never protested. Never became part of an unruly mob. Actually, I was law abiding, even under Carter, Clinton and Obama.

So far, all the key players have acted with maturity and dignity beyond anyone's dreams. Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. That was good. The country needed that. Like it or not, Donald Trump is going to be the 45th President of the United States. He is now the President Elect. For these mollycoddled, disaffected youth to deliberately tie up traffic and disrupt the lives of innocents, I will only say this - you are hurting your cause beyond belief. If you truly did believe that "Love Trumps Hate", your behavior is setting you up to be hypocrites. 

One of the problems we have today is too many college professors who have zero perspective. The ones who deny people of different viewpoints the right to speak on campus. You know - professors like Ward Churchill. Haters of the First Amendment. Trust me, there are many of these age old pinkos in colleges today trying to ruin our kids. Rather than kids learning, today's professors are only indoctrinating. It is as simple as that.

It is a good thing that our side does not believe in "tit for tat". If we did, we would have been in the streets constantly under Barack Obama. But we did not. Those of us who have kept our eyes and ears open know this much - the country is a mess right now. Donald Trump knows it - and he wants to fix it. If we does fix it, EVERYBODY will benefit, even the disaffected youth who are protesting.

My feeling? We all need to grow up. We need to practice "broken window" policing. You block traffic, you go to jail. You obstruct anyone's free right of passage, you go to jail. You break things or burn things, you go to jail. If these kids want to go through life with a record, go for it. It becomes a stain on your life which is difficult to remove. 

Even though Donald Trump was not my guy in the beginning, he was at the end. That being said, I am going to keep a sharp eye on him this term. If his promises were just bloviation, I will be part of the crowd trying to vote him out after this term is over. However if he is good to his word, I will tirelessly work for his re-election. 

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I will add that IF anyone steps in front of or beside my vehicle to block or restrict my free passage on a public street, road or highway, I WILL not stop! I will try to get through without injuries to anyone, but I will not be stopped!If you are injured or die, it is YOUR OWN FAULT!

    ReplyDelete