Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Sanctuary Mayhem






"However, how this issue is handled will be one of the juiciest. Why? States rights."



Starting January 1st, I am going to quit paying federal taxes. I know, I know - that will put me outside of the law. Make me a criminal. But I have a fix for that. I will move to Minneapolis. Or Chicago. Or San Francisco. Or any of the other 200 sanctuary cities in the United States. Will it work? Of course not. The feds will come into any of those cities and prosecute me. Then why not ILLEGAL immigrants? Are they not law breakers also? President Elect Trump thinks they are.

There are going to be so very many interesting things to observe right after inauguration day. However, how this issue is handled will be one of the juiciest. Why? States rights. If the newly elected President of the United States wants to enforce federal law, he must be careful. In fact, in a perfect world, the federal government would not even be involved. The Governor of each state should enforce all constitutional federal and state laws within that state's border.

How would that work in Minnesota? How would our dazed and clueless Governor handle a renegade Mayor like Betsy Hodges? What he should be telling her is that Minneapolis will lose all state funding should they continue to harbor ILLEGAL immigrants. It really is as simple as that. And if Minneapolis should decide to thumb its collective nose at the feds and the state, and to go it alone financially, be our guest. 

However, there is one more issue. If I had a friend who was on the run and hiding from the law, and I decided to give him safe harbor in my house, I would be an accomplice. I would be a law breaker. If the Governor of states which have sanctuary cities sent in the state patrol to arrest the Mayors, how would that play out? That would be a very interesting scenario.

My bottom line is this. I am sick to death of this issue. We have had ILLEGAL aliens in this country for decades now, and have managed to turn a blind eye. And I am sick and tired of the Loony Left conflating this issue to be ALL immigrants! NOBODY on either side wants to get rid of our LEGAL immigrants. Heck, my great grandparents (like many of us have) were legal immigrants. 

We need to turn the screws. Zero places to work unless you can prove without a shadow of a doubt you are an American or here on a legal visa. Zero benefits unless you can prove without a shadow of a doubt you are a legal citizen. Zero tolerance for "catch and release". You get caught, you get deported. You come back again, you go to jail.

BTW - not to make this sound too harsh, I also believe we need some kind of path to citizenship for those ILLEGALS who wish to become LEGAL. This should not be a rubber stamp. The path would have to be crafted as not to show favoritism over the folks who came here the right way. 

In one of Donald Trump's campaign speeches, he hit the nail on the head. We have to help teach the government of a country its citizens are fleeing from, how to be more successful. America should not be one of the only countries many of these people want to live in. We don't have an immigration problem from Canada. We should not have one from Mexico and some countries in Central America either. I have been to some of these countries. Many are beautiful, the people are wonderful, and they have the potential to have great economies.

How is this going to play out after January? Stay tuned - it is going to be interesting. And Mayor Betsy - you are on thin ice. Might be time to update your resume and get some legal counsel.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment