Thursday, November 10, 2016

There has to be a morning after...





"Well guess what kiddies - there has to be a morning after. That popular line comes from a hit song in the movie The Poseidon Adventure. Only our ship of state did not capsize - it simply made a badly needed course correction." 


Some of my friends might ask why in the world I am blogging this morning. Did not my wife put me in a "cone of silence" with political speak while on vacation? Yes, she did. But that did not include blogging! Besides all of which, we are again living through history. To ignore it, to not experience it, goes against my DNA.

Once my wife went to bed last night, I did sneak a peek at the national news. I saw the videos of these disaffected young protesters causing mayhem in many of our large cities. In some cities the marches devolved into rioting. They were destroying everything in their path. Many were shouting obscenities as they marched. It reminded me of the protests which took place in 2008 and 2012 right after Obama was elected. No, wait - hold on! There were no protests by the patriots who lost those two elections.

Some of our little darlings are so traumatized by this big bully named Donald Trump moving into the White House, their professors are going into "hyper coddle mode". For example, they do not have to take exams if they don't feel up to it. Hot chocolate and cookies are being served at some campus locations as "comfort food". In fact, it was reported that one campus was even offering up therapy dogs to our PTSD affected youth. Oh, the pain!

Well guess what kiddies - there has to be a morning after. That popular line comes from a hit song in the movie The Poseidon Adventure. Only our ship of state did not capsize - it simply made a badly needed course correction. Grow up and get with the program. This is not the end of the world. Donald Trump won the election because most people realize know now that Washington is broken. President Elect Trump just might just be the guy who can fix it.

One more thought this beautiful fall morning. A social media friend of mine responded to a post I did right after the election results came in. She said using a sad emoji in her response, "I guess I live in the swamp". My response is simple. When Mr. Trump said he wanted to drain the swamp, it had nothing to do with people. It had everything to do with the corruption in Washington and how it is ruining that town. And (this is a big one) how BOTH parties have contributed to it.

So in closing, I will say to the huddled masses one thing. What happened Tuesday night might be the best thing which has happened to our country in a long time. America will  be great again. Count on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment