Monday, June 20, 2016

Global Perfect!








"Mr. Gloom and Doom (that be our President), would like us all to think the sea levels are rising and we are on the verge of another dust bowl."



Yesterday, before our Father's Day festivities started, my bride and I took a ride up to a state park. It was not real far, but not real close either (about 45 miles away). On the drive up there, we were looking at the field after field of corn and soybeans. The corn was almost knee high (not even close to the 4th of July yet), and the soybeans looked so very good, they almost looked artificial.

Last night most of the state escaped the damaging weather and just received some more welcoming rain. And this week looks awesome! Mr. Gloom and Doom (that be our President), would like us all to think the sea levels are rising and we are on the verge of another dust bowl. Sorry Charlie - not saying that the cycles of weather cannot change and we could get into another dust bowl at some time, but it ain't because of me driving my Chevy truck down to the store! 

Here is the bottom line. The weather I am experiencing today is basically the same weather I can remember as a lad. But due to hybrid technology, and (yes, also GMO), our crops have never looked better. We continue to not only feed our country, but many other poor countries throughout the planet.

Tomorrow a brief trip to Duluth for our anniversary. I am thinking the crops we will see on the road going up there are look pretty much the same as we saw on Father's Day.

Time to cut this one short. I am going to sit and enjoy our global climate change. The breeze is refreshing and the air smells wonderful! If our climate changes any more, I will think that I am in Nirvana (as some say)!    

No comments:

Post a Comment