Thursday, June 16, 2016

Hope it was worth it...






"So everything was set in concrete for the general, right? Not so fast."



I almost named this article a waste of time, a waste of money. Not just for me, but for many others. And the way this has turned out, it made a liar out of me. Unintentional, but still a liar. How is that? Well, it all started on caucus night.

We had 104 people show up in our precinct. My wife and I were conveners. The amount of new comers we had was about 70%. That was so cool! It gave me a chance (as someone who is only slightly more seasoned then the newcomers), to explain the process. How important it is to run as a delegate to the BOPU convention. Where you can help ENDORSE our BPOU candidates. And then to get the chance to go on to the district convention. And then help ENDORSE the person running for our Congressional District.

Well shut my mouth and spank my butt! The person the BPOU ENDORSED to run against any Democrat in the general election is Cal Bahr. He won the ENDORSEMENT fair and square. How do I know? I was a teller, that is how.

And at the district convention, Tom Emmer won the ENDORSEMENT over AJ Kern. So everything was set in concrete for the general, right? Not so fast. It seems the rules change for those who are in power.

I wasted a Saturday and some coin (and I also helped out) at the BPOU convention. We ENDORSED. Waste of time, waste of money. Then I was a delegate to the district convention. We ENDORSED. Waste of time, waste of money.

My wife and I are retired and on fixed income. We really try not to waste money. To go through an entire ENDORSING process (TWICE) and have it ignored by our leaders is nothing but a waste. If I am a convener in 2018, I will be tempted to tell the folks the truth this time - don't bother going to the conventions. They don't matter.

As for me in 2016 - I am voting for the endorsed candidates. Call me stubborn, I don't care. If AJ beats Emmer, I am still writing in Emmer's name. If Cal Bahr loses to Hackbarth, I will either vote for the Democrat (yes, I am that pissed!), or write in Cal's name.

To our party's leaders, I am going to say something I seldom if never say on social media. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! Seriously, this is for real! Follow the damn rules! Enough said - I am done.






1 comment:

  1. Sorry, but the endorsement only means something if those doing the endorsing make their endorsement wisely, and then follow through on their responsibility to MAKE the endorsement have value. Endorsement should bestow upon the winner the money, volunteer hours, opportunities and enthusiasm that will confer victory in November. If you endorse and then go home to a bag of Cheetos, the time and effort WERE wasted. If you do the math, you will find that EVERY convention delegate must go forth and convince, somehow, 1000 of their fellow citizens that he/she made the right choice at convention. That's a lot of responsibility.

    ReplyDelete