Thursday, June 2, 2016

Third Party Pooper







"That being said, not voting for the Grand Old Party in November will yield a Hillary Clinton Presidency."



Well, I have decided to garner some hate mail. And this subject should do it for sure. How do I know? To start with, I have had this discussion with some of my more conservative friends. And we do not see eye to eye. Trust me, we don't.Maybe it is because I have good memories of Ross Perot. Or Tom Horner. Whatever the reason, a serious third party run would be disastrous for the Republican Party. 

I know. I know. Many are saying, "Who gives a rip? They are dead to me." I fully understand that frustration. That being said, not voting for the Grand Old Party in November will yield a Hillary Clinton Presidency. And that is a fact. Some folks don't care. I remember reading something someone wrote recently which said our conservative movement could tolerate a Clinton Presidency. I could not disagree more. Four year or eight years of Clinton would kill our country as we know it.

Already the polls are tightening up. Some polls have it only a two point spread between Clinton and Trump. And that is after Gary Johnson became endorsed by the Libertarian Party. He now has five percent in the polls. I am wondering where that five percent came from. I doubt Hillary. 

There are some things about Donald Trump I like. However, there are many more things which give me pause. That being said, I KNOW what a Clinton Presidency would be like. Hello? Been there - done that. And that was just with sex in the Oval Office - not brave Americans being killed in Benghazi.

That being said, there is one thing about Donald Trump I really do like. He is a fighter. Unlike John McCain (who is a hero of mine), or Mitt Romney (whose business acumen I admire), Trump is a street fighter. He can counter punch better than anyone. 

Bill Crystal is trying to get a "third party neocon" that can knock the stilts out of Donald Trump." I always thought Crystal was smarter than this. With this race razor thin, adding another ingredient to the mix will only hurt our side. The only thing which would hurt the other side is to have "Crazy" Bernie run against "Crooked" Hillary. And that ain't going to happen. The Democrats are too smart to fall into that trap. 

So that is my take. If you don't like Donald Trump, acquire a taste. I would have a hundred times rather have Ted Cruz. Or even Marco Rubio. But we don't. Trump beat them fair and square. Time to toe the line. Look at the bigger picture. I have said before, Trump might be the worst President since Carter or a very good one. We simply don't know. But we do know about Hillary.

No comments:

Post a Comment