Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The Frank Solution






"All of a sudden, President Underwood (a hard core Democrat) took a stance on the War on Terror which was three times more right wing than anything Donald Trump has mentioned."


It is hard not to hate his guts - this mythical President on the Netflix show House of Cards. Kevin Spacey plays this role to a tee. He is really that good. And even though I have been warned by my former boss not to be a spoiler on this show, I am now going to have to issue a minor spoiler alert.

At the conclusion of Season 4, all heck is breaking loose in his Administration. And then, a miracle. A "Wag the Dog" moment. There was some kind of a terror event on our shores. All of a sudden, President Underwood (a hard core Democrat) took a stance on the War on Terror which was three times more right wing than anything Donald Trump has mentioned. And I loved it. I almost got out of my chair and cheered.

President Underwood laid out his plan to defeat ICO (the show's term for Islamic Caliphate Organization). And it was total. All out war. Hit them with everything we have. His final words before the last episode ended were as follows - "We don't fight terror - we create terror".

I have to admit, after being mostly on defense since before 9/11, to hear this mythical President say we were going in and pound the crap out of the enemy was somewhat cathartic. Some (including me) might say, "Why not? What do we have to lose?" Others will respond by saying, "That is not us. Besides, we might have done something to deserve it."

I say crap, crap, and more crap. Humanity is trying to move forward. Into possibly another Golden Age of Man. Diseases cured. Space travel. Longevity. Scientific advances. Maybe even free and unlimited energy. Instead we have 7th century morons trying to blow everything up. What do I say? Screw them! Bring on the Frank solution! I am sick and tired of this carnage with Mr. Bystander being afraid even to call them by name. 

"We don't fight terror, we create terror." Ricky Nelson from Ozzie and Harriet fame was a pretty boy who knew quite a bit about the martial arts. He once said, "I am a nice guy that can be tough." Maybe we should also adopt that motto. It is about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment