Friday, July 29, 2016

One Enchanted Evening...






"According to the weather guessers, this weekend is going to be nothing less than marvelous. We are going to go to bed with that cool Canadian air drifting in, and early tomorrow morning we will awake to one of my wife's fine egg dishes."



Okay. I have taken back everything bad I said about Minnesota this past winter or so. Tonight is (dare I say it?), absolutely supreme! Yes, this is why so many of us put up with the abuse, the taxes, the never ending winter, the Democrats, you name it - to live here. And nights like tonight, most of us simply love it.

Some of my friends who have left this state, have asked me why I still live here. It is after all, a very tax unfriendly state to seniors. It also was also unfriendly to veterans until one of our very wise and astute state senators managed to get the retirement pay for veterans excluded from state tax. How did he do that? He (and others), had to "hide it" in a spending bill to get it signed. If they had put it in the tax bill (where it belonged), it would still be in la-la land.


According to the weather guessers, this weekend is going to be nothing less than marvelous. We are going to go to bed with that cool Canadian air drifting in, and early tomorrow morning we will awake to one of my wife's fine egg dishes. Then it is to work putting on the finishing touches getting ready for Monday's big event we are hosting. Once that is done, we are all (including the Cash man), going to get buckled up and go out to see the progress on their lot. Rumor has it the 600' driveway has been cleared and the hole has been dug. 

Back to this evening. I asked my wife if there were any way to bottle this up. To save it for the months we really need it. No sadly, there is not. It is here for us to enjoy in the moment. The only thing which will send us inside is not the impending darkness, it is the Minnesota blood suckers. It mosquitoes did not exist, I could sleep outside in just my lawn chair.

Well that is it. Nothing political, just a shout out to the state I was hatched in. Again, the reason I still live here is I think this is a state worth saving. Should I ever feel otherwise, I will sadly leave here. But for right now, this evening, I am loving this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment