Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Fifty Shades of "Meh"






"You have got to be kidding me. This is the most important thing to talk about? If Donald is afraid of Megyn or vise versa? Good flipping grief!"



I think I am going to throw up in my mouth. I truly am very sick of this crap. In this election cycle, and I don't care if it is Democrats or Republicans, we are talking about everything except what is important. The candidates have become very good at telling us what is wrong with every other candidate. What I am not hearing, is a clarion voice telling us what they are for. How they will fix the problems we have. I mean, really fix them.  

I know. I know. Both Bernie and Hillary have promised trillions to do this or that. Free stuff - whoopee! The only problem is this - the Executive Branch has no money to do anything. If Congress does not agree and think these expenditures are important, they will never happen. Never, ever, ever. So all these promises are just hot air.

What I would like to hear in some detail is how the debt is going to be managed. If the Fed is going to be audited. And if not, why not. If we are going to change our dollar into a gold or silver backed currency. How we are going to start to balance our trade with China. How we are going to fix our electrical grid to make it both smart and robust. How we are going to really and forever, defeat Islamic Terrorism worldwide. How we are going to change our tax system from the confiscatory weapon it is today, to either a flat or fair system.

How about the Chinese Navy? The Russian incursions? The Iranian nuclear program? The North Koreans trying to get a hydrogen bomb finished? Oh my - there is quite a bit going on in the world these days. And we need someone who is the anti-Obama. In other words, not a spectator or a bystander. Yes, we need a world leader. A real leader. 

But all we are hearing about is how Jeb is too low energy, how Marco misses too many Senate votes, how Ted has too many enemies, and Donald is just too much Donald. Blah, blah, blah. 

Then you wonder why Gen X and Millennials tune out. Why they don't care. Why broken things never get fixed, only worse. Why their battle cry is often "meh". Is there not one candidate out there who can lead us? Who has a real plan? Who can bring the country together rather than push us further apart? Anyone? Or do we need someone else who is not currently a candidate? I don't know. All I know is I am looking forward to Thursday's debate as much as I look forward to getting my teeth cleaned.

Well onward and upward. I was asked the other day who I really liked for President. I said there are a few who have promise, but none have the leadership I am looking for. We need someone who will save the day. Really save the day. Someone who for many of us, will turn the "meh" into WOW! That is what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment