Friday, February 26, 2016

The East Coast Connection






"But today the pieces started falling into place."



I will be the first to admit I am not the brightest bulb in the ceiling. In fact, often times I am a bit slow on the uptake. But eventually, I figure things out. And it is all starting to make sense to me now. The die is cast. The fix is in. Today it started becoming crystal clear. Oh, last night I started getting a hint. But today the pieces started falling into place.

Why would an establishment guy like Chris Christie endorse a rebel like Donald Trump? Besides the fact they live in neighboring states. Trump seemed like he was perfectly willing and able to go through this solo. Did not really care if any of the elites sided with him. He did after all, have the winning motto. And every day voters can see the reason for this phenom called Trump. The brokenness of Washington is on display for all to see. 24 X 7 X 365. And there are hoards of voters who truly believe "The Donald" can fix it.

Here is my take on the current events. Last night, as in previous times, Trump treated Marco and Ted like they have some kind of communicable disease. Kasich, not so much. But Dr. Carson - he treats him like a son. I think Mr. Trump is starting to put together an imaginary cabinet. For example, after the two losers we have had at Attorney General under Obama, Trump wants an enforcer as AG. Who better than Chris Christie? The job was his in return for an endorsement. And Dr. Carson at HEW? Wow - could you think of a better person to revamp ObamaCare?

He also might want Kasich at Commerce or Budget Director. In any event, here is my biggest ah-ha moment. I don't think that Trump is looked upon as an outsider by the establishment any longer. I think the numbers are being tallied and barring a miracle, he is going to be standing on the stage in Cleveland. There are even unsubstantiated rumors floating around he has talked to "Morning Joe" Scarborough about being his running mate. 

Now after saying all of this, I still believe the most qualified candidate to be our next President is Ted Cruz. But Senator Cruz has one fatal flaw which is hampering him with some of the "in crowd". Unlike many others, Cruz did not go to Washington as a Senator to make friends and join social circles. He went to fix things. And that made him unpopular with many of the traditionalists. How dare he?

I think the historians are licking their chops over this election. If not totally unique and unprecedented, the election is very close. And as much as I like and support Ted Cruz, part of me trying to get used to the idea of a President Trump. I really, really am trying.   

No comments:

Post a Comment